The cold winter months are the perfect time a little chili and cornbread. I have tried several cornbread recipes in the past that have turned out disappointingly dry, but I recently discovered a recipe that makes really moist and buttery corn muffins.
Source: Slightly Adapted from Sunshine Mom
Yield: a dozen muffins
1 stick butter
2/3 cup white sugar
¼ cup honey
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup buttermilk
¾ cup frozen corn (thawed)
2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 380 degrees (You’ll increase it to 400 after putting the muffins in the oven. The increase in temperature gives the muffins a nice, puffy top.) Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, and honey in a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs and mix together.
4. Add the flour and mix until barely combined. Then add the cornmeal. Don’t overmix.
5. Fold in the buttermilk, corn and cheese.
6. Fill the muffins cups with the batter, about 2/3 full.
7. Place the muffins in the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
These muffins are really yummy served warm with a little butter and honey.
(C) 2014 Pocketful of Motherhood