I love baking Christmas cookies, and last year I added these chocolaty cookies to the mix. If you like chocolate with a little hint of mint on top then you’ll love these! I have yet to make them again this year so I only have the above picture from when I made them last year. They do take a little time to make, but they are worth every minute spent in the kitchen.
Chocolate Crinkle Kiss Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Place plastic wrap over bowl and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, unwrap Hershey kisses and place them in a small bowl. Freeze them until ready to use. VERY IMPORTANT! The longer you freeze them, the less likely they are to melt when you place them on the warm cookies.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with baking spray; set aside. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
6. Scoop dough into 1/2 tablespoon balls, roll in powdered sugar, and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies crackle and start to look cakey.
7. Remove from oven. Immediately press a frozen kiss into each cookie, then place cookie sheet into the freezer immediately just until chocolate is set and no longer shiny. Remove from the cookies from freezer and allow them to cool completely.
Source: Baker Girl